Folate vs. Folic Acid
Folate, the naturally-occuring form of Folic Acid, is one of the most important vitamins that humans need to ingest in order for our bodies to function right. The sad fact of life is that many people have a deficiency in this vitamin, and this can manifest in many different ways. So, the best way to go about this issue is to increase your intake of foods rich in folate – spinach, beans, oranges, liver, etc. The second best thing that you could be doing in case of suspected folate deficiency – is to supplement it.
Benefits of Folate
Because folate (vitamin B9) is a really important vitamin, it comes as no surprise that it comes with certain nootropic effects that you may benefit from. First of all, supplementation with folic acid is used in the prevention of the advance of Alzheimer’s disease, and for controlling the symptoms. And quite a few people have reported that they experience a sense of improved clarity and focus, as well as increased energy for social interactions.
Folic Acid Supplementation
Folic acid supplementation has another use – and it’s to treat the inability of the bowel of a certain person to absorb nutrients. The simple rule “you are what you eat” can be distilled even further to “you are what you absorb”, as eating healthy foods doesn’t necessarily mean that you will be able to absorb all of the nutrients from them. So, folic acid supplementation can help you absorb these nutrients, and this makes it a key ingredient when it comes to nutrients absorption. Due to the fact that several other nutrients are really important in brain function and health, and also that folic acid can help you absorb these key nutrients – it is no surprise that this supplement is held in really high esteem in the nootropic community.
Potential Side Effects of Folic Acid
Now, scientific tests on this supplement show that there are transient potential side effects that you may experience if you use it. And these side effects are especially transient and small and rare if you take in the recommended dosage of up to 1000 mcg a day. The case may get complicated if you up the dosage above the recommended daily intake. In such case, you may experience nausea, headache, and diarrhea. If you experience any of these side effects or other side effects in general, discontinue use of this supplement and contact your doctor immediately.
Folate is a key component in the formation of memories, hence its use by the elderly and those with Alzheimer’s disease. But you can flip the table around and use this supplement if you’re cramming up for an exam, for example. It may end up helping you learn more, learn better, and learn faster. However, scientific evidence is not conclusive on whether supplementation with folic acid is really beneficial for cramming up for exams, for example if you’re a young person with normal levels of folate in your body. So, it’s best that you try this supplement out for yourself, and see if it helps you. If it does – it’s literally ‘good for you’!
- Noopept, A Powerful Smart Drug
- Modafinil – The ‘Limitless’ Smart Drug
- ALCAR (Acetyl L-Carnitine), The King Of Nootropics
- Alpha-GPC – The Nootropic Substance To Increase Energy Levels And Improve Your Memory
- The benefits and drawbacks of N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine
- Huperzine A – As A Powerful Brain Enhancer
- Piracetam – The Nootropic Substance To Boost Your Brain Power
- The Benefits Of Supplementation With L-Theanine
- Caffeine in Nootropic Stacks
- The Racetam Family: Piracetam vs. Aniracetam vs. Oxiracetam
- Modafinil vs. Adrafinil vs. Armodafinil – Comparison of the ‘Limitless’ Nootropics & Their Effects
- The effects of Bacopa Monnieri in Nootropic Stacks
- Vinpocetine – Effects, Benefits, Dosage & Side Effects in Nootropic Stacks
- The Effects of Ginkgo Biloba in Nootropic Stacks
- Effects & Benefits of Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid (GABA) in Nootropic Stacks
- Folic Acid as a Nootropic Supplement
- Effects of Choline Bitartrate in Nootropic Stacks
- Phenylalanine in Nootropic Stacks
- Effect and Benefits of Phosphatidylserine in Nootropic Stacks
- What is L-TRYPTOPHAN – And Its Effects in Nootropic Stacks
- Effects and benefits of 5-HTP and why it’s a useful additive to nootropic stacks
- Effects & Benefits of Panax Ginseng in Nootropic Stacks
- CDP Choline used as a Nootropic substance
- The Effects & Benefits of ELEUTHERO ROOT EXTRACT in Nootropic Stacks
- Effects & Benefits of DL-ALPHA-LIPOIC ACID and why it’s a useful additive to your nootropic stack
- The Effects and Benefits of Dimethylaminoethanol Bitartrate (DMAE Bitartrate) in a Nootropic Stack