We are living in a highly competitive world where staying sharp and getting things done quickly and efficiently can mean a lot. The majority of modern people want to have better focus, an alert brain, high level of concentration and long attention spans. In case you have problems keeping your focus on important tasks or you are inefficient, you should definitely try nootropics, also known as smart drugs, as some people call them. Modafinil is one of the good examples of nootropics that have helped many men and women.
What is Modafinil?
Modafinil is one of the strongest mental stimulants available on the market. In the beginning, this drug was given to patients suffering from narcolepsy and similar sleep problems. The results were great, but it turned out that modafinil can act as a powerful cognitive enhancer too.
Modafinil brings similar effects to the ones provided by traditional stimulants. However, this smart drug works in a different way. Conventional stimulants like methylphenidate and amphetamine trigger alertness by general activation of neurons. On the other hand, modafinil triggers activity in neurons selectively. The main objective of this stimulant is to activate the amygdala and hypothalamus. So, by taking modafinil, people alter the orexin, dopamine, serotonin, norepinephrine, and histamine levels, and activity in the brain leading to greater wakefulness.
It is good to know that many people call modafinil a limitless pill. Due to its incredible power, they believe that this pill can be compared to the pill used by the main character in the movie and TV show called ‘Limitless’. The drug in the movie and TV show was known as NZT-48, a nootropic that gave the main character power to use his brain to the maximum. Modafinil may not be able to provide the same abilities, but it is definitely worth trying.
The Advantages of Modafinil
As already mentioned, Modafinil is a great cognitive enhancer. It is not only useful for people dealing with sleep deprivation, but can also be used by completely healthy people too. It has provided positive effects to people dealing with ADHD, cognitive decline (aging), drug dependence etc. A few scientific studies have confirmed that Modafinil improves mood, enhances executive operation, shortens reaction time and improves memory.
Furthermore, Modafinil is a great neuroprotectant too. By using Modafinil on a regular basis, people can support their brain health. This nootropic provides strong antioxidant effects which mean that it can eliminate free radicals which hurt the brain tissue.
Many people use Modafinil for impulse control. Obviously, the ones that can benefit the most are gambling addicts and alcoholics.
Dosage & Potential Side Effects of Modafinil
Those interested in using Modafinil should know that this smart drug is safe to use as long as you are taking moderate dosages. However, it must be also noted that if this drug is not used in the right way it can cause many different side effects like insomnia, anxiety, headache, diarrhea and inflammation.
There is no doubt that Modafinil is one of the best representatives of nootropics because it optimizes the work of our body and mind, and it does that without side effects.
- Noopept, A Powerful Smart Drug
- Modafinil – The ‘Limitless’ Smart Drug
- ALCAR (Acetyl L-Carnitine), The King Of Nootropics
- Alpha-GPC – The Nootropic Substance To Increase Energy Levels And Improve Your Memory
- The benefits and drawbacks of N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine
- Huperzine A – As A Powerful Brain Enhancer
- Piracetam – The Nootropic Substance To Boost Your Brain Power
- The Benefits Of Supplementation With L-Theanine
- Caffeine in Nootropic Stacks
- The Racetam Family: Piracetam vs. Aniracetam vs. Oxiracetam
- Modafinil vs. Adrafinil vs. Armodafinil – Comparison of the ‘Limitless’ Nootropics & Their Effects
- The effects of Bacopa Monnieri in Nootropic Stacks
- Vinpocetine – Effects, Benefits, Dosage & Side Effects in Nootropic Stacks
- The Effects of Ginkgo Biloba in Nootropic Stacks
- Effects & Benefits of Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid (GABA) in Nootropic Stacks
- Folic Acid as a Nootropic Supplement
- Effects of Choline Bitartrate in Nootropic Stacks
- Phenylalanine in Nootropic Stacks
- Effect and Benefits of Phosphatidylserine in Nootropic Stacks
- What is L-TRYPTOPHAN – And Its Effects in Nootropic Stacks
- Effects and benefits of 5-HTP and why it’s a useful additive to nootropic stacks
- Effects & Benefits of Panax Ginseng in Nootropic Stacks
- CDP Choline used as a Nootropic substance
- The Effects & Benefits of ELEUTHERO ROOT EXTRACT in Nootropic Stacks
- Effects & Benefits of DL-ALPHA-LIPOIC ACID and why it’s a useful additive to your nootropic stack
- The Effects and Benefits of Dimethylaminoethanol Bitartrate (DMAE Bitartrate) in a Nootropic Stack