Modafinil, Adrafinl and Armodafinil – Are These The Limitless Smart Drugs?
The world of nootropics has exploded into the mainstream, especially since the movie ‘Limitless’ was aired in the movies in 2011. Recently, the ‘Limitless’ TV show’s first season brought NZT-48 back into highlights. More and more people are becoming aware that there are agents known to man in the real world too, which when used properly, can increase the cognitive brain power. Once upon a time, this was a taboo subject, and people were reluctant to talk about it at all, and much less to use these agents. But the sheer necessity of these agents has forced the people to really think about just how advantageous it can be to use these so-called nootropics for the improvement of life in general.
Today we have not one, not two, but three nootropics that we’d like to discuss. These are known as modafinil, adrafinil, and armodafinil. We’ll start with the first one.
Effects and Benefits of Modafinil
Modafinil is, in fact, a medicine that was originally used for sleep-related disorders such as narcolepsy, and its general use was to promote wakefulness in the people that used it. This is a prescription drug in many countries and is a controlled substance within the United States. As time went by, people that have used this drug have reported feeling a lot more alert than they usually do, and they have reported that they feel their brain power increasing. People using modafinil could achieve more and could do that quicker, and they had the necessary motivation to do all the things they decided to put their mind to. But if you want to try this substance out, be wary of the fact that it’s a controlled substance in several countries, such as the United States. It has exhibited some addictive qualities for some people, so you should be on the lookout lest you want to become an addict yourself.
Adrafinil vs. Modafinil
Adrafinil’s effects, in turn, are practically identical to those of modafinil. It is also an alertness-boosting agent, originally used to deal with sleep disorders. For this reason, it’s also used by sleep deprived people, such as night shift workers, so that they may feel more alert during their work. And it also exhibits several “brain-boosting” effects upon consumption. The core difference between adrafinil and modafinil is that it takes somewhat longer for adrafinil to become active upon consumption. In order to start feeling the effects, you would have to wait for approximately 45-60 minutes.
Benefits of Armodafinil
Finally, armodafinil is a nootropic whose original use was to (you guessed it) promote wakefulness. Its potency in this regard is well established – it’s approved by FDA for the use in the treatment of various sleep-related disorders. It’s also used off-label as a treatment for some other disorders as well, such as chronic fatigue disorder, and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Armodafinil too needs a bit more time in order to make you start feeling the effects, when compared to modafinil.
Potential Side Effects
All of these drugs have potential side effects, even though most of them are transient. There are incidences of headaches and nausea that are reported upon consumption. Of course, there are some more serious potential side effects as well – such as anxiety and depression. If you find that you feel any such side effects after the consumption of these nootropics, then discontinue their use immediately and consult a doctor for advice on what to do.
Other than that you can enjoy having better brain power with these “Limitless” nootropics.
- Noopept, A Powerful Smart Drug
- Modafinil – The ‘Limitless’ Smart Drug
- ALCAR (Acetyl L-Carnitine), The King Of Nootropics
- Alpha-GPC – The Nootropic Substance To Increase Energy Levels And Improve Your Memory
- The benefits and drawbacks of N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine
- Huperzine A – As A Powerful Brain Enhancer
- Piracetam – The Nootropic Substance To Boost Your Brain Power
- The Benefits Of Supplementation With L-Theanine
- Caffeine in Nootropic Stacks
- The Racetam Family: Piracetam vs. Aniracetam vs. Oxiracetam
- Modafinil vs. Adrafinil vs. Armodafinil – Comparison of the ‘Limitless’ Nootropics & Their Effects
- The effects of Bacopa Monnieri in Nootropic Stacks
- Vinpocetine – Effects, Benefits, Dosage & Side Effects in Nootropic Stacks
- The Effects of Ginkgo Biloba in Nootropic Stacks
- Effects & Benefits of Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid (GABA) in Nootropic Stacks
- Folic Acid as a Nootropic Supplement
- Effects of Choline Bitartrate in Nootropic Stacks
- Phenylalanine in Nootropic Stacks
- Effect and Benefits of Phosphatidylserine in Nootropic Stacks
- What is L-TRYPTOPHAN – And Its Effects in Nootropic Stacks
- Effects and benefits of 5-HTP and why it’s a useful additive to nootropic stacks
- Effects & Benefits of Panax Ginseng in Nootropic Stacks
- CDP Choline used as a Nootropic substance
- The Effects & Benefits of ELEUTHERO ROOT EXTRACT in Nootropic Stacks
- Effects & Benefits of DL-ALPHA-LIPOIC ACID and why it’s a useful additive to your nootropic stack
- The Effects and Benefits of Dimethylaminoethanol Bitartrate (DMAE Bitartrate) in a Nootropic Stack