Phenylalanine is an essential amino acid that helps our bodies to function properly. However, our body does not produce this amino acid, so we have to get it from food or as a supplement. Phenylalanine can be obtained from foods rich in protein like cheese, beef, chicken, lamb, pork, fish, eggs, seeds, whole grains, nuts, and beans. The human body is able to convert the phenylalanine into another amino acid called tyrosine, which is responsible for producing dopamine.
Forms of Phenylalanine
As a supplement, Phenylalanine can be taken in three different forms: L-Phenylalanine, D-Phenylalanine or DL-Phenylalanine. The L-phenylalanine can be found in different foods, while D-phenylalanine is the synthetic type made in a laboratory. The L-phenylalanine is found naturally in foods as mentioned, and this amino acid boosts the levels of dopamine. That, in turn, elevates your mood, so it acts like a very effective type of anti-depressant. It can also boost your motivation, concentration, and memory. DL-Phenylalanine is a combination of both types, and when taken in a nootropic stack it can eliminate headaches and enhance cognitive abilities.
Effect mechanism of Phenylalanine
So how exactly does Phenylalanine work? When you take it as a supplement, it gets absorbed by your intestines and then it gets processed by your liver. As soon as it enters your bloodstream it travels to the central nervous system. Due to the fact that Phenylalanine is a neutral amino acid, it can easily cross over the blood-brain barrier.
Benefits of Phenylalanine
One of the many benefits from taking this amino acid as a supplement in your nootropic stacks is that it promotes the creation of dopamine and adrenaline in your body. Both chemicals are responsible for improving mood and eliminating anxiety, sadness, and depression. Dopamine and adrenaline play a huge role in your ability to focus on doing tasks.
Phenylalanine in a Nootropic Stack
When it comes to stacking Phenylalanine, you should know that stacking it together with Vitamin C and B6 shows good results. It allows better absorption, which makes the process very efficient. L-Phenylalanine is commonly stacked with the natural supplement of Hordenine, showing great results in boosting the dopamine levels. L-Phenylalanine and DL-Phenylalanine also show great results when they are stacked with nootropics from the Racetam family.
Safe Dosage of Phenylalanine
Regarding dosages of Phenylalanine, taking between 750 milligrams and three thousand milligrams per day is considered safe. Sometimes even lower dosages from 750 milligrams can show good results, but every individual is different and reacts differently to different dosages. You can start with lower doses in your stacks and then increase it up to three thousand milligrams per day. The dosage should be ideally split into three equal daily doses. It is advisable for you to take Phenylalanine on empty stomach, and the best time is about an hour before your meals. That is because Phenylalanine is an amino acid, so taking it an hour before you eat will lead to better absorption and it will prevent this amino acid from competing with other acids found in food. Combining it together with Vitamins C and B6 can also lead to better absorption in your body.
- Noopept, A Powerful Smart Drug
- Modafinil – The ‘Limitless’ Smart Drug
- ALCAR (Acetyl L-Carnitine), The King Of Nootropics
- Alpha-GPC – The Nootropic Substance To Increase Energy Levels And Improve Your Memory
- The benefits and drawbacks of N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine
- Huperzine A – As A Powerful Brain Enhancer
- Piracetam – The Nootropic Substance To Boost Your Brain Power
- The Benefits Of Supplementation With L-Theanine
- Caffeine in Nootropic Stacks
- The Racetam Family: Piracetam vs. Aniracetam vs. Oxiracetam
- Modafinil vs. Adrafinil vs. Armodafinil – Comparison of the ‘Limitless’ Nootropics & Their Effects
- The effects of Bacopa Monnieri in Nootropic Stacks
- Vinpocetine – Effects, Benefits, Dosage & Side Effects in Nootropic Stacks
- The Effects of Ginkgo Biloba in Nootropic Stacks
- Effects & Benefits of Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid (GABA) in Nootropic Stacks
- Folic Acid as a Nootropic Supplement
- Effects of Choline Bitartrate in Nootropic Stacks
- Phenylalanine in Nootropic Stacks
- Effect and Benefits of Phosphatidylserine in Nootropic Stacks
- What is L-TRYPTOPHAN – And Its Effects in Nootropic Stacks
- Effects and benefits of 5-HTP and why it’s a useful additive to nootropic stacks
- Effects & Benefits of Panax Ginseng in Nootropic Stacks
- CDP Choline used as a Nootropic substance
- The Effects & Benefits of ELEUTHERO ROOT EXTRACT in Nootropic Stacks
- Effects & Benefits of DL-ALPHA-LIPOIC ACID and why it’s a useful additive to your nootropic stack
- The Effects and Benefits of Dimethylaminoethanol Bitartrate (DMAE Bitartrate) in a Nootropic Stack