We live in times when we have a lot of options on what to do with our time. It was a lot simpler for humans no longer than 200 years or so. All we had to do back then is to eat, sleep, and work. Add in the occasional celebration, and you have the human live in a nutshell. But nowadays there is so much to be done, that we frequently find ourselves at a loss of time to do everything we want. And not only this, but we also have limited resources of energy that we can use. And this is where the nootropics come into play.
Nootropics are drugs and supplements that are purported to improve the brain power. Their purpose is to make you think clearer and sharper, and have a lot more focus – they exist to make you smarter, in essence.
N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine as a Nootropic Substance
One such nootropic substance is N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine. This is a cognitive enhancer that has gained notoriety recently as a powerful mind enhancer. N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine is actually an acetylated form of L-Tyrosine. L-Tyrosine itself is an essential amino-acid used in the process of creation of noradrenaline and dopamine – two really important neurotransmitters that regulate our alertness, energy, and motivation.
Benefits of N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine
It’s shown in various studies that N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine can improve many important parameters of cognition, especially in sleep-deprived people. It’s a known fact that our brains have only so much energy stored, and after prolonged use they will need an adequate rest so that they can recover. But not all of us have the luxury of frequent rest. So, this is where this smart drug comes into play. Perhaps you need to pull an all-nighter, and go through the next day with little to no sleep. You may do this with no nootropics – and chances are that you will feel terrible, sleepy and groggy. But if you take N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine – this will improve the state of your brain, and it will increase your alertness and focus. This means that you’ll have lot greater chances to successfully pull an all-nighter without feeling like death itself the next day. And students are perhaps the group of people who know most about all-nighters and the devastating effects of being sleepless for a night.
And since L-Tyrosine offers virtually the same benefits as the acetylated form, why would you prefer this option? Well, N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine is somewhat easier to be absorbed by the body. This is the sole benefit of preferring N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine over traditional L-Tyrosine.
Potential Side Effects of N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine
This element is not shown to be addictive, but be careful – there are many forms of addiction. If you use this nootropic frequently, then you may instill a belief that you can’t really operate without it. If you think about it, there are examples of this everywhere – people that say that they can’t really open their eyes to start the day without drinking a cup of coffee first, or smoking their first cigarette, etc.
So, our advice for you is to use this nootropic sparingly, not all the time. And be sure to remember that using nootropics does not mean there is no need for sleeping and resting. However long you go on on nootropics, in the end you will still need to have adequate sleep, do some exercise, and have a balanced diet to live a healthy life.
- Noopept, A Powerful Smart Drug
- Modafinil – The ‘Limitless’ Smart Drug
- ALCAR (Acetyl L-Carnitine), The King Of Nootropics
- Alpha-GPC – The Nootropic Substance To Increase Energy Levels And Improve Your Memory
- The benefits and drawbacks of N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine
- Huperzine A – As A Powerful Brain Enhancer
- Piracetam – The Nootropic Substance To Boost Your Brain Power
- The Benefits Of Supplementation With L-Theanine
- Caffeine in Nootropic Stacks
- The Racetam Family: Piracetam vs. Aniracetam vs. Oxiracetam
- Modafinil vs. Adrafinil vs. Armodafinil – Comparison of the ‘Limitless’ Nootropics & Their Effects
- The effects of Bacopa Monnieri in Nootropic Stacks
- Vinpocetine – Effects, Benefits, Dosage & Side Effects in Nootropic Stacks
- The Effects of Ginkgo Biloba in Nootropic Stacks
- Effects & Benefits of Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid (GABA) in Nootropic Stacks
- Folic Acid as a Nootropic Supplement
- Effects of Choline Bitartrate in Nootropic Stacks
- Phenylalanine in Nootropic Stacks
- Effect and Benefits of Phosphatidylserine in Nootropic Stacks
- What is L-TRYPTOPHAN – And Its Effects in Nootropic Stacks
- Effects and benefits of 5-HTP and why it’s a useful additive to nootropic stacks
- Effects & Benefits of Panax Ginseng in Nootropic Stacks
- CDP Choline used as a Nootropic substance
- The Effects & Benefits of ELEUTHERO ROOT EXTRACT in Nootropic Stacks
- Effects & Benefits of DL-ALPHA-LIPOIC ACID and why it’s a useful additive to your nootropic stack
- The Effects and Benefits of Dimethylaminoethanol Bitartrate (DMAE Bitartrate) in a Nootropic Stack