Humans have more and more things to do, with less and less time. It’s one of the bad sides of the fast times that we live in. There simply isn’t enough time to do everything we need to. And to compound this problem, we have limited energy and strength with which to do everything we want. So, we can use all the help we can get in order to work around this issue of modern times.
The Power of Nootropics
Well, humans have really found the way to get around the issue, and it comes in the form of nootropics. Nootropics are various supplements and drugs that are purported to improve your brain speed and power while harming you in no way. Nootropics is a relatively new field that needs to be researched for a long, long time before any firm conclusions come into place, but either way, there are some major advancements that have been reached in this field.
L-Theanine as a Nootropic Substance
One of these nootropics that we’d like to talk about today is called L-Theanine. Theanine is a compound that is to be found in the tea – the world’s most popular beverage after water. And as we all heard, tea has a powerful effect on several parameters of our health. L-Theanine is recognized as safe for use in the country of Japan, and it’s used to spice up many different foods and beverages. Of course, there are some countries that don’t really agree with the purported health benefits of L-Theanine, so they have banned all the health claims of the supplement. But typically, you will able to find it in most pharmacies and supplement stores around your place.
Potential Side Effects of L-Theanine
Side effects of L-Theanine use are rare and transient. If you take in a higher dose, you may get some side-effects such as a headache, or some GI issues. But typically, many people report no problems with the use of L-Theanine whatsoever.
The Nootropic Effect Of L-Theanine
And the potential nootropic effect of L-Theanine is due to the fact that it can cross the blood-brain barrier, and have certain effects on your cognition. It is said that L-Theanine gives you the boost that you may get from caffeine, and that you will feel more alert and focused as a result. Also, it is a supplement that may help you relax and decrease your level of anxiety. As we all know, stress is really detrimental for brain function, so if you suffer from long-term stress and anxiety, then L-Theanine may be the cure that you will need.
Further Benefits of L-Theanine
Some studies have shown that L-Theanine can even have potent cardiovascular benefits for your health if you use it frequently. There are also some notions that it can help in managing and curing cancer. But research on these two subjects is far from conclusive, and a lot more research is needed to be done on the subject before being able to make a firm conclusion on L-Theanine effects.
So, if you consider that even at high doses L-Theanine shows side-effects really rarely, then you’ll most likely realize that you have nothing to lose if you try this nootropic out, and see the results for yourself.
- Noopept, A Powerful Smart Drug
- Modafinil – The ‘Limitless’ Smart Drug
- ALCAR (Acetyl L-Carnitine), The King Of Nootropics
- Alpha-GPC – The Nootropic Substance To Increase Energy Levels And Improve Your Memory
- The benefits and drawbacks of N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine
- Huperzine A – As A Powerful Brain Enhancer
- Piracetam – The Nootropic Substance To Boost Your Brain Power
- The Benefits Of Supplementation With L-Theanine
- Caffeine in Nootropic Stacks
- The Racetam Family: Piracetam vs. Aniracetam vs. Oxiracetam
- Modafinil vs. Adrafinil vs. Armodafinil – Comparison of the ‘Limitless’ Nootropics & Their Effects
- The effects of Bacopa Monnieri in Nootropic Stacks
- Vinpocetine – Effects, Benefits, Dosage & Side Effects in Nootropic Stacks
- The Effects of Ginkgo Biloba in Nootropic Stacks
- Effects & Benefits of Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid (GABA) in Nootropic Stacks
- Folic Acid as a Nootropic Supplement
- Effects of Choline Bitartrate in Nootropic Stacks
- Phenylalanine in Nootropic Stacks
- Effect and Benefits of Phosphatidylserine in Nootropic Stacks
- What is L-TRYPTOPHAN – And Its Effects in Nootropic Stacks
- Effects and benefits of 5-HTP and why it’s a useful additive to nootropic stacks
- Effects & Benefits of Panax Ginseng in Nootropic Stacks
- CDP Choline used as a Nootropic substance
- The Effects & Benefits of ELEUTHERO ROOT EXTRACT in Nootropic Stacks
- Effects & Benefits of DL-ALPHA-LIPOIC ACID and why it’s a useful additive to your nootropic stack
- The Effects and Benefits of Dimethylaminoethanol Bitartrate (DMAE Bitartrate) in a Nootropic Stack