When talking about nootropics, racetams are one of the most used and most famous groups of smart drugs. Deciding about which of the racetams to use in a nootropic stack can be tough, as there are some differences between each of them. However, you can make a combo of all of them in order to get best results. The following is comparison and explanation of all racetams, together with their main characteristics.
Piracetam was found in the late 1960s as a derivative of the GABA neurotransmitter. It is considered as primary of all racetams, and this nootropic is great for beginners because it is not very potent. Piracetam can improve memory, as well as learning, but sometimes it requires taking higher doses of up to eight grams. Piracetam functions in many different ways in order to improve cognitive function and overall brain health. One popular way in which the piracetam acts is by increasing the uptake and utilization of the chemical neurotransmitter called acetylcholine in some parts of the brain like the hippocampus. The hippocampus is the part of the brain responsible for memory and learning. If you are just starting to use nootropics, then piracetam is a great option to start. It has been well-researched and it does not have many negative side effects.
Effects and Benefits of Aniracetam
Many of the advanced users of nootropics think that aniracetam gives better effects than piracetam, but that is not entirely true. Aniracetam has a similar structure as piracetam, so the effects it has on the brain are almost the same. That means it improves people`s memory and learning, but it is doing it in a bit different way. The life of aniracetam is relatively short and it enters and passes through your bloodstream pretty quickly. That brings fast results and instant stimulation, but it does not last too long. Many people combine aniracetam together with piracetam for best results. Aniracetam also has a positive impact on the ability to focus and concentrate, and it increases people`s energy and attention span.
Oxiracetam is one of the newer types of racetams and it is still being researched. So far it had shown great results in reversing neurological problems and helps in improving memory. Oxiracetam is a great nootropic for those people who play physical sports like boxing, karate, or rugby, or for those who have problems with memory. Oxiracetam can be combined with other nootropics and together with aniracetam it shows great improvement in concentration and increased attention.
Many people are choosing to combine some or all of the mentioned racetams in a nootropic stack for best results. There is no right or wrong decision when it comes which one to use, as different nootropics have a different impact on different people. You can try them all and see which one gives best results for you. Usually, best results come when you combine piracetam with other stimulating racetam and then adding a choline supplement. That way uptake and utilization of acetylcholine is stimulated. In general, all racetams are good for improving memory and learning.
- Noopept, A Powerful Smart Drug
- Modafinil – The ‘Limitless’ Smart Drug
- ALCAR (Acetyl L-Carnitine), The King Of Nootropics
- Alpha-GPC – The Nootropic Substance To Increase Energy Levels And Improve Your Memory
- The benefits and drawbacks of N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine
- Huperzine A – As A Powerful Brain Enhancer
- Piracetam – The Nootropic Substance To Boost Your Brain Power
- The Benefits Of Supplementation With L-Theanine
- Caffeine in Nootropic Stacks
- The Racetam Family: Piracetam vs. Aniracetam vs. Oxiracetam
- Modafinil vs. Adrafinil vs. Armodafinil – Comparison of the ‘Limitless’ Nootropics & Their Effects
- The effects of Bacopa Monnieri in Nootropic Stacks
- Vinpocetine – Effects, Benefits, Dosage & Side Effects in Nootropic Stacks
- The Effects of Ginkgo Biloba in Nootropic Stacks
- Effects & Benefits of Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid (GABA) in Nootropic Stacks
- Folic Acid as a Nootropic Supplement
- Effects of Choline Bitartrate in Nootropic Stacks
- Phenylalanine in Nootropic Stacks
- Effect and Benefits of Phosphatidylserine in Nootropic Stacks
- What is L-TRYPTOPHAN – And Its Effects in Nootropic Stacks
- Effects and benefits of 5-HTP and why it’s a useful additive to nootropic stacks
- Effects & Benefits of Panax Ginseng in Nootropic Stacks
- CDP Choline used as a Nootropic substance
- The Effects & Benefits of ELEUTHERO ROOT EXTRACT in Nootropic Stacks
- Effects & Benefits of DL-ALPHA-LIPOIC ACID and why it’s a useful additive to your nootropic stack
- The Effects and Benefits of Dimethylaminoethanol Bitartrate (DMAE Bitartrate) in a Nootropic Stack