Introducing Vinpocetine as a Nootropic Agent
There are many different nootropic agents that have come into existence with the advent of science. But just how many of them are in fact effective, and how many of them are a sham? It’s best for you to do your own research and read up on articles such as this one before making a decision to use a certain nootropic. And for those of you that are completely uninformed as to what a nootropic is, we offer to you the following definition: a nootropic is any substance that has been linked to improved brain function and increased cognitive capabilities, upon consumption. The nootropics have been popularized lately, especially with the Hollywood blockbuster “Limitless”, where a person gained superhuman mind power by consuming a certain nootropic.
Effects of Vinpocetine
While it’s highly unlikely that you will become superhuman – there are still some documented benefits attached to the consumption of certain nootropics. Today we’ll provide an analysis of the nootropic called vinpocetine. Vinpocetine is, in fact, a synthetic derivative of the vinca alkaloid vincamine. It was originally derived by a Hungarian chemist by the name of Csaba Szántay, and it became widely available to the masses shortly thereafter, with the start of the commercial production and dissemination.
Benefits of Vinpocetine
But is this nootropic effective? It’s claimed that it enhances blood flow to the brain via mechanisms that aren’t exactly pinpointed. And as you know, increased blood flow to a certain area means that the entire area will benefit from all of the oxygen and nutrients that blood brings with itself, so the entire area will flourish, for a time. And hence a lot of people that have used vinpocetine reported a feeling of clarity and deeper focus. They say that the feeling is like a fog being lifted and that they could think sharper and faster.
Potential Side Effects of Vinpocetine
Of course, there are few credible, long term scientific studies that show this exact effect. For all we know, it could be a placebo. But the good thing about this nootropic is that the side effects attached to its use are relatively rare, and transient. If you use a higher dosage than the one recommended to you, you may get a feeling of a headache, and feel somewhat nauseous. Of course, these two side effects aren’t the only potential side effects that you may experience, albeit they’re the most frequent ones. But if you feel in any way wrong after vinpocetine use, then we advise you to contact your doctor immediately.
Safe Dosage of Vinpocetine
The dosages can vary depending upon needs and preferences. If you like to be careful, then the low dose recommendation is 5 mg of vinpocetine per meal, three times a day. The normal amounts that people usually take is between 15 mg to 60 mg of vinpocetine, three times a day. Experiment and see what suits you best.
In the end, you are the best judge of your own experience. Since the side effects are transient and rare, we advise you to try using vinpocetine and see the effects for yourself. If you like it, keep using it. If you don’t, or if you experience side effects, discontinue its use. Simple as that.
- Noopept, A Powerful Smart Drug
- Modafinil – The ‘Limitless’ Smart Drug
- ALCAR (Acetyl L-Carnitine), The King Of Nootropics
- Alpha-GPC – The Nootropic Substance To Increase Energy Levels And Improve Your Memory
- The benefits and drawbacks of N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine
- Huperzine A – As A Powerful Brain Enhancer
- Piracetam – The Nootropic Substance To Boost Your Brain Power
- The Benefits Of Supplementation With L-Theanine
- Caffeine in Nootropic Stacks
- The Racetam Family: Piracetam vs. Aniracetam vs. Oxiracetam
- Modafinil vs. Adrafinil vs. Armodafinil – Comparison of the ‘Limitless’ Nootropics & Their Effects
- The effects of Bacopa Monnieri in Nootropic Stacks
- Vinpocetine – Effects, Benefits, Dosage & Side Effects in Nootropic Stacks
- The Effects of Ginkgo Biloba in Nootropic Stacks
- Effects & Benefits of Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid (GABA) in Nootropic Stacks
- Folic Acid as a Nootropic Supplement
- Effects of Choline Bitartrate in Nootropic Stacks
- Phenylalanine in Nootropic Stacks
- Effect and Benefits of Phosphatidylserine in Nootropic Stacks
- What is L-TRYPTOPHAN – And Its Effects in Nootropic Stacks
- Effects and benefits of 5-HTP and why it’s a useful additive to nootropic stacks
- Effects & Benefits of Panax Ginseng in Nootropic Stacks
- CDP Choline used as a Nootropic substance
- The Effects & Benefits of ELEUTHERO ROOT EXTRACT in Nootropic Stacks
- Effects & Benefits of DL-ALPHA-LIPOIC ACID and why it’s a useful additive to your nootropic stack
- The Effects and Benefits of Dimethylaminoethanol Bitartrate (DMAE Bitartrate) in a Nootropic Stack