Nootropics like L-Tryptophan are typically powerful ingredients that will improve the state of your mind and cognition. A lot of people would benefit from this effect – especially in our hectic day and age when there is never enough time to do all the work that we need to do. So, any help would be of great use – and the ability to improve our cognition and brain speed is very welcome indeed.
So, today we have an analysis for you on one of the most popular nootropics – L-Tryptophan. L-Tryptophan is a naturally occurring amino acid. It’s also an essential amino acid, meaning that our bodies can’t create it on their own, and so we have to ingest it from outer sources – from certain foods that are rich in it.
So, what are some of the possible effects of supplementing with L-Tryptophan?
Well, L-Tryptophan is the precursor to a powerful, and very important neurotransmitter called serotonin. You might have heard about this neurotransmitter in relation to happiness, or sleep. And indeed, it’s linked to both increased happiness, and improved sleep.
Effects of L-Tryptophan
The potential nootropic effects lie in the fact that L-Tryptophan can be really effective against depression and anxiety – both of which are terrible maladies that plague many people in modern times. And certain individuals that use L-Tryptophan as a supplement have reported feeling a lot more focused on the tasks at hand.
But of course, you mustn’t ever overdo supplementation with L-Tryptophan. In fact, this supplement is potentially unsafe for use in large doses, as its use has been linked to a chronical disease called Eosinophilia–myalgia syndrome, which in certain cases can even be fatal. So, you need to be extra careful when taking L-Tryptophan. Among the transient side effects that show up especially when you take in higher doses – are vomiting, nausea and diarrhea.
Benefits of L-Tryptophan
L-Tryptophan is most beneficial for the people that have naturally low levels of it in their bodies. It’s been shown in several studies that low L-Tryptophan levels, and consequently low serotonin levels, are linked to several conditions. You may find that you can’t sleep right, you can’t stay focused, and you’re unhappy, depressed, or anxious. Or you may be really irritable and want to fight and bicker with other people all the time.
Supplementation with this nootropic may help you stave off these feelings and conditions, but it’s best for you to consult with a doctor first, in light of the potential side effects.
And in the end, no supplement or nootropic is powerful enough as nature’s most powerful cocktail of drugs – exercise, quality food, and sleep. If you nail all of these elements, then you will find out that your brain works at an incredible pace when you need it to. Perhaps you will conclude that you don’t even need nootropics at all. But still, we shouldn’t throw out the baby with the bathwater. Nootropics, such as L-Tryptophan, can indeed be helpful in certain cases. And by all means – try them out. See if you like them and if they are effective for you, and make the decision whether to continue using them.
- Noopept, A Powerful Smart Drug
- Modafinil – The ‘Limitless’ Smart Drug
- ALCAR (Acetyl L-Carnitine), The King Of Nootropics
- Alpha-GPC – The Nootropic Substance To Increase Energy Levels And Improve Your Memory
- The benefits and drawbacks of N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine
- Huperzine A – As A Powerful Brain Enhancer
- Piracetam – The Nootropic Substance To Boost Your Brain Power
- The Benefits Of Supplementation With L-Theanine
- Caffeine in Nootropic Stacks
- The Racetam Family: Piracetam vs. Aniracetam vs. Oxiracetam
- Modafinil vs. Adrafinil vs. Armodafinil – Comparison of the ‘Limitless’ Nootropics & Their Effects
- The effects of Bacopa Monnieri in Nootropic Stacks
- Vinpocetine – Effects, Benefits, Dosage & Side Effects in Nootropic Stacks
- The Effects of Ginkgo Biloba in Nootropic Stacks
- Effects & Benefits of Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid (GABA) in Nootropic Stacks
- Folic Acid as a Nootropic Supplement
- Effects of Choline Bitartrate in Nootropic Stacks
- Phenylalanine in Nootropic Stacks
- Effect and Benefits of Phosphatidylserine in Nootropic Stacks
- What is L-TRYPTOPHAN – And Its Effects in Nootropic Stacks
- Effects and benefits of 5-HTP and why it’s a useful additive to nootropic stacks
- Effects & Benefits of Panax Ginseng in Nootropic Stacks
- CDP Choline used as a Nootropic substance
- The Effects & Benefits of ELEUTHERO ROOT EXTRACT in Nootropic Stacks
- Effects & Benefits of DL-ALPHA-LIPOIC ACID and why it’s a useful additive to your nootropic stack
- The Effects and Benefits of Dimethylaminoethanol Bitartrate (DMAE Bitartrate) in a Nootropic Stack